1. Strategic marketing planning establishes the -
a) Resource base provided by the firm's strategy
b) Economic impact of additional sales
c) Tactical plans that must be implemented by the entire organization
d) Basis for any marketing strategy
2. Which of the following statements is correct?
a) Marketing is the term used to refer only to the sales function within a firm
b) Marketing managers usually don't get involved in production or distribution decisions
c) Marketing is an activity that considers only the needs of the organization, not the needs of society as a whole
d) Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large
3. ______________ is the concept under which a company carefully integrates and coordinates its many communications channels to deliver a clear, consistent, and compelling message about the organization and its products.
a) The promotion mix
b) Integrated international affairs
c) Integrated marketing communications
d) Integrated demand characteristics
4. The term marketing refers to:
a) A philosophy that stresses customer value and satisfaction
b) New product concepts and improvements
c) Planning sales campaigns
d) Advertising and promotion activities
5. The ______________ holds that consumers will favor products that are available and highly affordable (therefore, work on improving production and distribution efficiency).
a) Product concept
b) Production concept
c) Production cost expansion concept
d) Marketing concept
6. These objectives are often the most suitable when firms operate in a market dominated by a major competitor and where their financial resources are limited
7. The use of price points for reference to different levels of quality for a company's related products is typical of which product-mix pricing strategy?
a) Optional-product pricing
b) Captive-product pricing
c) By-product pricing
d) Product line pricing
8. Which of the following is NOT an element of the marketing mix?
c) Target market
9. When companies make marketing decisions by considering consumers' wants and the long-run interests of the company, consumer, and the general population, they are practicing which of the following principles?
a) Innovative marketing
b) Consumer-oriented marketing
c) Value marketing
d) Societal marketing
10. ______________ is the collection and interpretation of information about forces, events, and relationships that may affect the organization.
a) Environmental scanning
b) Stakeholder analysis
c) Market sampling
d) Opportunity analysis