1. Which one of the following is a microcontroller from Motorola?
Explanation: MC68HC05 is designed by Motorola but 4004 and 8080 are designed by Intel. MIPS is designed by MIPS technology.
2. Which is the first microcontroller?
d) Intel 4004
Explanation: TMS1000 is the first microcontroller which was done in April 1971 but Intel 4004 was designed in November 1971.
3. How many bits does MC68HC05 possess?
Explanation: MC68HC05 is a 8 bit controller.
4. What is the bit size of the program counter in MC68HC05?
Explanation: MC68HC05 have a 13-bit program counter.
5. Which of the following microcontroller is used in engine management system?
c) Intel 80286
d) Intel 8086
Explanation: MC68HC11 was originally designed in conjunction with General Motors for use within engine management systems. As a result, its initial versions had built-in EEPROM/OTP ROM, RAM, digital I/O, timers,8 channel 8 bit A/D converter, PWM generator, and synchronous and asynchronous communications channels (RS232 and SPI).
6. Which is the concatenated register of MC68HC11?
Explanation: The MC68HC11 architecture is similar to that of the 6800 and has two 8 bit accumulators referred to as registers A and B. They are concatenated to provide a 16-bit double accumulator called register D.
7. What does CCR stand for?
a) Condition code register
b) Computing code register
c) Complex code register
d) Code control register
Explanation: Condition code register is a special register in the MC68HC11.
8. How many bytes of EPROM does MC68HC7054A possess?
a) 176 bytes
b) 240 bytes
c) 4144 bytes
d) 1024 bytes
Explanation: There are defined memory size for different processors and controllers. The MC68HC705A has 4144 bytes of EPROM.
9. Which one of the following is an asynchronous communication channel?
Explanation: MOO, MUDs, and VOIP are apps for the online conference which is synchronous but SPI is an asynchronous communication channel.
10. Which of the following is an 8-bit command in MC68HC11?
Explanation: Multiplying two 8 bit requires a 16-bit register.