1. If in a certain code language, FLOWER is coded as UOLDVI, then how is TERMINAL coded in that language?
Explanation: Each letter in the word is replaced by the letter which occupies the same position from the other end of the alphabet, to obtain the code. Thus, A is replaced by Z, B by Y, C by X, D by W and so on.
2. If in a certain language, MADRAS is coded as NBESBT, how is BOMBAY coded in that language?
Explanation: Each letter in the word is moved one step forward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code.
3. If in a certain code, GLAMOUR is written as IJCNMWP and MISRULE is written as OGUSSNC, then how will TOPICAL be written in that code?
Explanation: The first, third and sixth letters of the word are each moved two steps forward; the second, fifth and seventh letters are each moved two steps backward, while the fourth letter is moved one step forward to obtain the corresponding letters of the code.
4. In a certain code, TELEPHONE is written as ENOHPELET. How is ALIGATOR written in that code?
Explanation: The letters of the word are written in a reverse order to obtain the code.
5. If SPIDER is written as PSDIRE in a certain code, how would COMMON be written in that code?
Explanation: The word is divided into groups of two letters each and then the letters of each group are written in a reverse order.
6. If LIGHT is called MORNING, MORNING is called DARK, DARK is called NIGHT, NIGHT is called SUNSHINE and SUNSHINE is called DUSK, when do we sleep ?
Explanation: We sleep at Night and Night is called Sunshine. So, we sleep in Sunshine.
7. If a MAN is called GIRL, GIRL is called WOMAN, WOMAN is called BOY, BOY is called BUTLER and BUTLER is called ROGUE, who will serve in a restaurant ?
Explanation: BUTLER serves in the restaurant and BUTLER is called ROGUE. So, ROGUE will be served in restaurant.
(a) QUO CUI HEER means BOY IS GOOD.
(b) LAI QUO MEA means SITA IS FAIR.
(c) RUO LEV MEA means ALL ARE FAIR.
(d) SI HAI CUI means DOG WAS GOOD.
then which of the following words stands for BOY ?
Explanation: By comparing the given codes, we get
QUO means IS and CUI means GOOD, therefore, HEER means BOY.
(A) CHIP DIN CHUNK means STUDENT ATTENDS CLASS.
(B) DIN SHUNK DINK means ARJUN IS STUDENT.
(C) JUMP MINK SINK means SCHOOLS ARE GOOD.
(D) DINK MUP CHIMP means TEACHER IS TEACHING.
Then which one of the following is used for Arjun ?
Explanation: CHIP DIN CHUNK = STUDENT ATTENDS CLASS.
DIN SHUNK DINK = ARJUN IS STUDENT.
Hence, DIN = STUDENT.
DINK MUP CHIMP = TEACHER IS TEACHING.
Hence, DINK = IS.
Therefore, ARJUN = SHUNK.
10. 1 3 4 means GOOD AND TASTY.
4 7 8 means SEE GOOD PICTURES.
7 2 9 means PICTURES ARE FAINT.
Which of the following stand for SEE ?
Explanation: 1 3 4 = GOOD AND TASTY.
4 7 8 = SEE GOOD PICTURES.
Hence, 4 = GOOD. (by comparing I and II.)
7 2 9 = PICTURES ARE FAINT.
and 7 = PICTURES.
Therefore, 8 = SEE.