1. In a certain code JA KI MO PE means AT A FROG'S LEAP, MO LA KI SO means TAKE A LEAP AHEAD and RE BO JA NA means INSECTS ARE FROG'S DIET. Which of the following is code for AT in that language?
Explanation: Comparing, the first two sentence, we get,
A LEAP = MO KI.
Comparing, the first and third sentence, we get code for,
FROG'S = JA. SO
from the first sentence, we will get the code of AT = PE.
2. In a certain language, WEAK is coded as 9%2$ and SKIT is coded as #$7@, then how will WAIT be coded in the same language?
Explanation: W → 9
E → %
A → 2
K → $
S → #
I → 7
T → @
WAIT = 927@
3. In a certain code, THEN is coded as VFGL. How the WORD may be coded?
Explanation: T (+2) → V
H (+2) → F
E (+2) → G
N (+2) → L
W (+2) → Y
O (+2) → M
R (+2) → T
D (+2) → B
4. If A = 4, K = 3, N = 2, P = 1, then the sum of which set of the letters makes the highest number?
Given, A = 4, K = 3, N = 2, P = 1.
Sum of first Set,
= K + A + N + P +K = 3 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 13.
Sum of the second set,
N + P + A + K +N = 2 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 12.
Sum of the third set,
P + K + A + N + A = 1 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 13.
Sum of the fourth set,
N + A + K + N + A = 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 15.
5. In a certain code ORCHESTRA is written as ARTSEORCH. How is DREAMLAND written in that code.
ORCHESTRA = ARTSEORCH
1) The third and fourth letter from begging are fixed at the end of the coded word.
2) The position of second letter and last letter of the word are interchanged in coded word. 3) Second from last and first from begging are interchanged.
4) Third from last and fifth from first are interchanged.
Following the same steps for the DREAMLAND. We get
6. In a certain code FIRE is coded as DGPC. What will be the last letter of the coded word for SHOT.
Explanation: D is used for F.
G is used for I.
P is used for R.
C is used for E. Thus, it is clear that each letter of the word FIRE stands for each corresponding letter of the coded word DGPC two places ahead. By applying the same principle, the letters QFMR will stand for SHOT. Hence, the last letter of the coded word is R.
7. If TOUR is written in a certain code as 1234, CLEAR as 56784 and SPARE as 90847, what will be the 5th digit for SCULPTURE in the same code ?
Explanation: By, comparing letters and digit, we get
T = 1
O = 2
U = 3
R = 4
C = 5
L = 6
E = 7
A = 8
S = 9 and
P = 0
As the 5th letter is SCULPTURE is P and '0' is used for P, therefore, 5th digit is the required code which is '0'.
8. If in a certain language PROSE is coded as PPOQE, how is LIGHT coded in that code ?
Explanation: In the given code
PROSE = PPOQE
The first, third and fifth letters are same but in the place of second and fourth letters previous two letters are used. So,
LIGHT = LGGFT.
9. If SUMMER is coded RUNNER, the code for WINTER is
Explanation: SUMMER = RUNNER
In the given code, second, fifth and sixth letters are same. The first letter of the word (S → R) is moved one step backward, while the two middle letters (M → N and M → N) each moved one step forward to obtain the corresponding letters of the code. So,
WINTER = VIOUER.
10. If MIND becomes KGLB and ARGUE becomes YPESC, then what will DIAGRAM be in that code ?
Explanation: MIND = KGLB
Each letter in the word is moved two steps backward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code. So,
DIAGRAM = BGYEPYK.