1. If TOUR is coded as 1234, CLEAR is coded 56784 and SPARE as 90847, how will the word SCULPTURE be coded ?
Explanation: T = 1
O = 2
U = 3
R = 4
C = 5
L = 6
E = 7
A = 8
S = 9
P = 0.
Hence, SCULPTURE = 953601347
2. If BOX is coded as CDPQYZ, what will be the last two letters of word in the same code for HERO ?
a) N ,M
b) M ,N
c) Q ,P
d) P ,Q
Explanation: Last two letters of the word CDPQYZ are next two letters of the word BOX.
In the same way, the last two letters of HERO if coded will be P, Q.
3. Find the correct option for the blank space .
a) 18, 23
b) 14, 19
c) 16, 21
d) 15, 20
Explanation: In the right side of the question there is a gap of 7 letters between B and J and 6 numbers between 6 and 14. Similarly, there is a gap of 3 letters between J and N. Therefore 3 numbers gap after 14 is 18.
In the left side of the question there is a gap of 8 letters between D and M and 6 numbers between 8 and 17. Similarly, there is a gap of 5 letters between M and S. Therefore 5 numbers gap after 17 is 23.
4. If Dust is called Air, Air is called Fire, Fire is called Water, Water is called Colour, Colour is called Rain and Rain is called Dust, where do Fish live ?
Explanation: Generally, Fishes lives in Water and Water is called Colour in the code. So Fishes live in Colour.
5. If ERASER is called PENCIL and PENCIL is called SHARPENER and SHARPENER is called BAG, what will a child write with ?
Explanation: A child writes with the Pencil and Pencil is called Sharpener. So the child writes with Sharpener.
6. If FISH is written as EHRG in a certain code, how would JUNGLE be written in that code?
Explanation: Each letter in the word is moved one step backward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code.
7. In a certain code, PRODUCTIONS is written as QQPCVEUHPMT. How is ORIENTATION written in that code?
Explanation: The first, third, fifth, seventh, ninth, and eleventh letters in the word are each moved one step forward; the second, fourth, eighth and tenth letters are each moved one step backward, while the middle (i.e. sixth) letter is moved two steps forward to obtain the corresponding letters of the code.
8. In a certain code, BELIEF is written as AFKKDI. How is SELDOM written in that code?
Explanation: The first, third and fifth letters of the word are each moved one step backward; the second, fourth and sixth letters are moved one, two and three steps forward respectively to obtain the corresponding letters of the code.
9. In a certain code, POETRY is written as QONDSQX and OVER is written as PNUDQ. How is MORE written in that code language?
Explanation: The first letter of the word is replaced by a set of two letters - one following it and the other preceding it - in the code. The remaining letters of the word are each moved one step backward to obtain the remaining letters of the code, in order.
10. In a certain code, INACTIVE is written as VITCANIE. How is COMPUTER written in the same code?
Explanation: All the letters of the word, except the last letter, are written in a reverse order to obtain the code.