1. What is single-valued function?
a) Single value for all instants of time
b) Unique value for every instant of time
c) A single pattern is followed by after ‘t’ intervals
d) Different pattern of values is followed by after ‘t’ intervals of time
Explanation: Single-valued function means “for every instant of time there exists unique value of the function”.
2. In real valued function and complex valued function, time is _______________
d) Not predictable
Explanation: Time is an independent variable and it is real valued irrespective of real valued or complex valued function. And time is always real.
3. Discrete time signal is derived from continuous time signal by _____________ process.
d) Addition and multiplication
Explanation: Sampling is a process wherein continuous time signal is converted to its equivalent discrete time signal. It is given by t = N*t.
4. Even signals are symmetric about the vertical axis.
Explanation: Signals are classified as even if it has symmetry about its vertical axis. It is given by the equation x (-t) = x (t).
5. If x (-t) = -x (t) then the signal is said to be _____________
a) Even signal
b) Odd signal
c) Periodic signal
d) Non periodic signal
Explanation: Signals is said to be odd if it is anti- symmetry over the time origin. And it is given by the equation x (-t) = -x (t).
6. Which of the following is true for complex-valued function?
a) X (-t) = x*(t)
b) X (-t) = x(t)
c) X (-t) = – x(t)
d) X (-t) = x*(-t)
Explanation: Complex-valued function is said to be conjugate symmetry if its real part is even and imaginary part is odd and it is shown by the equation x(-t) = x*(t).
7. When x(t ) is said to be non periodic signal?
a) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for all values of T
b) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for only one value of T
c) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for no values of T
d) If the equation x (t) = x (t + T) is satisfied for only odd values of T
Explanation: A signal x (t) is said to be non periodic signal if it does not satisfy the equation x(t) = x(t + T). And it is periodic if it satisfies the equation for all values of T = T0, 2T0, 3T0…
8. Fundamental frequency x[n] is given by ___________
a) Omega = 2*pi /N
b) Omega = 2*pi*N
c) Omega = 4*pi *2N
d) Omega = pi / N
Explanation: Fundamental frequency is the smallest value of N which satisfies the equation
Omega = 2*pi/ N, Where N is a positive integer.
9. Noise generated by an amplifier of radio is an example for?
a) Discrete signal
b) Deterministic signal
c) Random signal
d) Periodic signal
Explanation: Random signal is the one which there is uncertainty before its actual occurrence. Noise is a best example for random signal.
10. Energy signal has zero average power and power signal has zero energy.
Explanation: Energy and power signals are mutually exclusive. Energy signal has zero average power and power signal has infinite energy.