1. They primary R system is available from the ______
Explanation: CRAN stands for Comprehensive R Archive Network.
2. Point out the wrong statement?
a) Key feature of R was that its syntax is very similar to S
b) R runs only on Windows computing platform and operating system
c) R has been reported to be running on modern tablets, phones, PDAs, and game consoles
d) R functionality is divided into a number of Packages
Explanation: R runs on almost any standard computing platform and operating system.
3. R functionality is divided into a number of ________
Explanation: CRAN also hosts many add-on packages that can be used to extend the functionality of R.
4. Which Package contains most fundamental functions to run R?
Explanation: base package in R contains the most fundamental functions.
5. Point out the wrong statement?
a) One nice feature that R shares with many popular open source projects is frequent releases
b) R has sophisticated graphics capabilities
c) S’s base graphics system allows for very fine control over essentially every aspect of a plot or graph
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: R has maintained the original S philosophy, which is that it provides a language that is both useful for interactive work, but contains a powerful programming language for developing new tools.
6. Which of the following is a base package for R language?
Explanation: The other packages contained in the “base” system include utils, stats, datasets, graphics, grDevices, grid, methods, parallel, compiler, splines, tcltk, stats4.
7. Which of the following is “Recommended” package in R?
Explanation: “Recommended” packages also include boot, class, cluster, codetools, foreign, KernSmooth, lattice, mgcv, nlme, rpart, survival, MASS, nnet, Matrix.
8. What is the output of getOption(“defaultPackages”) in R studio?
a) Installs a new package
b) Shows default packages in R
d) Nothing will print
Explanation: There are base packages (which come with R automatically), and contributed packages. The base packages are maintained by a select group of volunteers called R Core. In addition to the base packages, there are over ten thousand additional contributed packages written by individuals all over the world.
9. Advanced users can write ___ code to manipulate R objects directly.
a) C, C++
b) C++, Java
c) Java, C
Explanation: For computationally-intensive tasks, C, C++ and Fortran code can be linked and called at run time.
10. Which of the following is used for Statistical analysis in R language?
Explanation: RStudio is a web application framework for R.