1. How many Nobel Prize awards are awarded each year?
Explanation: Since 1901, the Nobel Prize has been awarded in the fields of physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature and peace, while a memorial prize in economic sciences was added in 1968.
2. In which year did Dada Saheb Phalke produce the first feature film?
Explanation: Dada Saheb Phalke produced the first feature film in 1913 named Raja Harishchandra.
3. The Arjuna Awards were instituted in the year
Explanation: The Arjuna Awards are given by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, government of India to recognize outstanding achievement in National sports. Instituted in 1961, the award carries a cash prize of Rs 500,000, a bronze statue of Arjuna and a scroll.
4. In which year 'Bharat Ratna' India's highest civilian award was established and how many persons have been honoured with this award so far?
a) 1952, 67
b) 1954, 48
c) 1969, 45
d) 1972, 41
Explanation: Bharat Ratna was established in 1952 and 48 persons have been honoured with this award so far.
5. Norman Borlaug won Nobel Peace Prize for his contribution in:
1. Development of high-yielding crops.
2. Modernization of irrigation infrastructure.
3. Introduction of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Explanation: Norman Borlaug was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1970 in recognition of his contributions to world peace through increasing food supply. Later in his life, he helped apply these methods of increasing food production in Asia and Africa.
6. Which of the following societies has instituted an award for an outstanding parliamentarian?
a) Jamanlal Bajaj Foundation
b) Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies
c) G. B. Pant Memorial Society
d) R. D. Birla samara Kosh
Explanation: No explanation is given for this question
7. Which is the highest gallantry award in India?
a) Param Vishishtat Seva Medal
b) Param Vir Chakra
c) Kirti Chakra
d) Vir Chakra
Explanation: The Param Vir Chakra (PVC) is India's highest military decoration awarded for the highest degree of valour or self - sacrifice in the presence of the enemy, similar to the British Victoria Cross, US Medal of Honor, Pakistani Nishan - e - Haider, or French Legion of Honour or Russian Cross of St. George.
8. Which state gives Mewar Award?
Explanation: Maharana Mewar Award is a State Award of Rajasthan. This award has been instituted to honour work of permanent value to those who consider it their duty, like the Diwan of Shree Eklingnath ji, to serve society through services in the field of education, literature, social services, philanthropy and character building activities.
9. Who is the first Asian Winner of Nobel Prize?
a) C. V. Raman
b) Rajiv Gandhi
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) Mother Teresa
Explanation: Rabindranath Tagore is the first Asian Nobel Laureate in Literature in 1913.
10. Who was the first Indian to receive Nobel Prize in Literature?
a) Mother Teresa
b) C. V. Raman
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) Sarojini Naidu
Explanation: Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian to receive Nobel Prize in Literature.