1. Which of the following Articles describes about the person voluntarily acquiring
citizenship of a foreign state not to be citizens?
a) Article 5
b) Article 7
c) Article 8
d) Article 9
2. Article 6 enshrines the provision conferring Rights of citizenship of certain persons who
have migrated to India from Pakistan. Which one of the following provisions is
a) He or either of his parents or any of his grand-parents was born in India as defined in the Government of India Act, 1935
b) Such person has so migrated before 19 July, 1948
c) Such person has so migrated on or after the 19 July, 1948, he has been registered as a citizen
d) Such person has got married in India
3. Details on how citizenship may be acquired and terminated are enumerated in:
a) Part II of the Constitution
b) the Citizenship Act, 1955
c) Schedule I of the Constitution
d) various enactments by Parliament
4. Indian citizenship of a person can be terminated if:
1. a person voluntarily acquires the citizenship of some other country.
2. a person who has become a citizen through registration is sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 10 years within five years of his registration.
3. the Government of India is satisfied that citizenship was obtained by fraud.
4. a person who is a citizen by birth indulges in trade with an enemy country during war.
a) I and III
b) I, II and III
c) I, III and IV
d) I, II, III and IV
5. A person can become a citizen of India even if born outside India if his/her:
a) father is a citizen of India
b) mother is a citizen of India
c) father is a citizen of India at the time of the person's birth
d) father or mother is a citizen of India at the time of the person's birth
6. To acquire citizenship by registration a person must have been resident in India for
______ immediately before making an application:
a) six months
b) one year
c) three years
d) five years
7. Which of the following rights was described by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as 'The Heart and
Soul of the Constitution' ?
a) Right of Freedom of Religion
b) Right to Property
c) Right to Equality
d) Right to Constitutional Remedies
8. Which one of the following subjects is under the Union List in the Seventh Schedule of
the Constitution of India ?
a) Regulation of labour and safety in mines and oilfields
d) Public health
9. Consider the following statements:
1. A person who was born on 26th January, 1951 in Rangoon, whose father was a citizen of India by birth at the time of his birth is deemed to be an Indian citizen by descent.
2. A person who was born on 1st July, 1988 in Itanagar, whose mother is a citizen of India at the time of his birth but the father was not, is deemed to be a citizen of India by birth. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) I only
b) II only
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
10. Which one among the following statements regarding the constitutionally guaranteed
Right to Education in India is correct?
a) This right covers both child and adult illiteracy and therefore universally guarantees education to all citizens of India
b) This right is a child right covering the age group of 6 to 14 years and becomes operational from the year 2015
c) This right has been taken from the British Constitution which was the first Welfare State in the world
d) This right has been given to all Indian children between the ages of 6 to 14 Years under the 86th Constitutional Amendment Act