1. Looking at a man, Darren said, “Your only brother is the father of my daughter’s father”. How
is the gentleman related to Darren?
Explanation: According to the clue the man is brother of Darren’s father. This makes the gentleman Darren’s uncle. Hence, Option (d).
2. Pointing to a lady, a person says to his friend, “She is the granddaughter of the elder brother of
my father”. How is the girl in the photograph related to the man ?
Explanation: It would make the man uncle of the lady, as he would be the son of her grandfather’s brother. Therefore (a) is the correct option
3. Pointing to a man in a photograph Amelia said, “His mother’s only daughter is my mother”.
How is Amelia related to that man?
Explanation: Amelia’s mother is that man’s sister. It makes Amelia that man’s niece. So (c) is correct
4. While discussing Pam’s ancestry, Rick quizzes Pam while pointing towards a man, “His
mother is the only daughter of your father.” How is Pam related to that person?
d) None of these
Explanation: Option (a) could have been correct but, it has been mentioned that the mother is the only daughter. This only means that Pam must be the mother of that person. Hence, (b)
5. Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said, “His brother’s father is the only son of my
grandfather”. How is the woman related to the man in the photograph?
Explanation: According to the clue, the man is also grandson of the woman’s grandfather. So (b) is the correct option.
6. Facing a man in the eye, Nero said, “Your son is my son’s uncle.” How is the man related to
Explanation: The uncle of Nero’s son is Nero’s brother that makes the man Nero’s father. Hence Option(b).
7. Nikky, who is Roland’s daughter, says to Irene, “Your mother Rita is the younger sister of my
father, who is the third child of Sylvester”. How is Sylvester related to Irene?
Explanation: Rita’s father is Sylvester who is Roland’s father. It makes Irene Sylvester’s granddaughter. So (c) is the right option
8. A woman said, “His wife is the only daughter of my father”, after introducing a man. How is
that man related to the woman?
d) None of these
Explanation: Has to be the husband. Hence, Option (a).
9.Showing the woman in the park, Veronica said, “She is the daughter of my grandfather’s only
son.” How is Veronica related to that woman?
Explanation: This means Veronica and the woman have the same father. It makes them sisters. Hence Option (b).
10.A is the brother of B and C. D is C’s mother. E is A’s father. Which of the following statement
cannot be definitely true?
a) B is E’s son.
b) E is B’s father.
c) D is A’s mother
d) A is D’s son.
Explanation: Two liberties taken; first, the gender of B is not there in the question, neither is the relationship with E. Therefore (a) is the correct option