1. A basic fill style is selected in a PHIGS program with the function
a) setInteriorStyle (fs)
b) setStyle (fs)
c) SetfillStyle (fs)
d) setInteriorStyleIndex (fs)
Explanation: We can select the basic fill style by using setInteriorStyle (fs).
2. Which one is not a type of basic fill styles?
b) solid color
Explanation: Dark fill is not a type of basic fill style, rest of them is the basic fill styles
3. The process of filling an area with rectangular pattern is called
b) Linear fill
Explanation: Rectangular fill pattern is called tiling or tiling pattern.
4. The algorithm which repaints an area that was originally painted by merging a foreground color F and background color B where F!=B.
a) Tint fill
b) Flood fill
c) Linear soft-fill
d) Boundary fill
Explanation: Linear soft-fill algorithm used to repaint the area.
5. The fill color that is combined with the background color is known as
a) Soft fill
b) Tint fill
c) Both a and b
Explanation: soft fill is also called tint fill.
6. Hatch fill procedures are implemented to draw
a) Single hatching
b) Cross hatching
c) Either a or b
d) Only b
Explanation: This procedure is used to draw either single or cross hatching
7. When 2 background colors B1 and B2 are mixed with foreground color F, the resulting pixel color P is
d) None of the above
8. The operator that is used for combining a fill pattern with a background pattern is
a) AND operator
b) OR operator
c) X-OR operator
d) All of these
Explanation: The pattern and background colors can be combined using Boolean operators.
9. Hollow areas are displayed using only the
a) Boundary outline
b) Line-drawing routine
c) Hatched patterns
d) Closed poly line
Explanation: Using boundary outline the hollow areas can be displayed.
10. Options for filling a defined region include a choice between__________
a) Solid color or a pattern fill
b) Choices for particular colors and pattern
c) Both a and b
Explanation: The filling options can be applied to polygon region and areas can be painted using various brush styles, colors, and transparency parameters.