1. The paths of glory lead ...... to the grave.
2. The telephone ...... several times before I answered it.
a) was ringing
b) has rung
c) had rung
d) would ring
3. He passed the examination in the first class because he ......
a) was hard working for it
b) worked hardly for it
c) had worked hard for it
d) was working hard for it
4. Jawaharlal spent his childhood ________ Anand Bhawan.
5. If negotiations are to prove fruitful, there must not only be sincerity on each side, but there must also be ...... in the sincerity of the other side.
6. Many areas of the city were ...... into darkness for several hours.
7. Find the ...... that accompany these cartoons
8. I don't really know how to ...... the problem.
9. The English schemed to continue their rule in India by playing off one community ...... the other.
10. The passengers were afraid, but the captain ...... them that there was no danger.