1. The small child does whatever his father was done.
a) has done
d) had done
2. You need not come unless you want to.
a) You don't need to come unless you want to
b) You come only when you want to
c) You come unless you don't want to
d) You needn't come until you don't want to
3. There are not many men who are so famous that they are frequently referred to by their short names only
d) middle names
4. The man to who I sold my house was a cheat.
a) to whom I sell
b) to who I sell
c) who was sold to
d) to whom I sold
5. They were all shocked at his failure in the competition.
a) had all shocked at
b) had all shocked by
c) had been all shocked on
d) No correction required
6. It was unanimously resolved that the parties should unitedly undertook launching of popular programmes.
a) should be united undertook
b) should be unitedly undertaken
c) should be unitedly undertake
d) should unitedly undertake
7. They continued to work in the field despite of the heavy rains.
a) even though there is heavy rain
b) although heavily rains
c) in spite the heavy rains
d) even though it rained heavily
8. It is always better to make people realise the importance of discipline than to impose them on it.
a) impose it with them
b) impose them with it
c) imposing them on it
d) impose it on them
9. My doctor knew that I would eventually recover and do kind of work I would be doing before
a) would have been doing
b) would have done
c) had been done
d) had been doing
10. Later he became unpopular because he tried to lord it on his followers.
a) to lord it for
b) to lord over
c) to lord it over
d) to lord it over on